uChek: Lab Made Mobile is a smartphone based portable diagnostic system. uChek can perform a wide variety of tests ranging from routine urine analysis to specialised tests such as determining the albumin to creatinine ratio in urine as well as blood sugar test. uChek is a platform technology to which we will continue to add tests as we develop further. It has a Laboratory equipment equivalent accuracy and an intuitive interface at the same time. It can work for a limited period even without a power supply and has the ability to display geographical data for community level surveillance.
uChek is based on the principle of reflectance photometry. The system consists of a reading device and a test strip. The test strips are designed in a way that the color of its test pads intensify or deviate in close correlation with the change in concentration of the analyte. uChek uses the smartphone camera as the sensor to detect this change in color on the test strips and determine the concentration of analytes with a high accuracy at par and many a times exceeding those of some existing laboratory bench-top systems.
Read the following summary of studies documenting the performance of uChek in comparison with predicate devices for urine analysis. The working principle is substantially equivalent to most commercially available semi-automated urine analyzers.
- Independent study conducted by Nanobios Lab, Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering, Indian Institute of Technology (Bombay), April 2013.
- Technical specifications and Accuracy of the uChek urine analyzer: Report by Biosense Technologies Private Limited, April 2013
- Note from authors: "uChek, a mobile urinalysis system developed by Biosense Technologies Pvt. Ltd. was tested for accuracy against a commercially available semi-automated urine strip reader. The uChek system operated with Siemens 10SG strips was tested against negative and positive controls. Output was cross checked visually (n=20, each). To reduce experimental errors, the controls were also tested with Dirui 10P urine test strips marketed by Aspen Diagnostics Pvt. Ltd."
- This document contains:
1) Technical specifications
2) Evaluation of precision and reproducibility using two levels of control materials (Dirui Positive and Negative urine control)
3) Comparison studies with urine samples, using uChek system on iPhone 4, 4S and 5 respectively Vs Semi automated urine analyzer machine Uri-Plus 200
4) Limitations, reportable range, quality control and calibration information
- Note from authors: "The results suggest equal and more than 95% accuracy with respect to both Dirui's strips used with the semi-automated urine strip reader and visual correlation. The study report is currently being prepared for publication in an indexed international journal."
- The uChek urine analyzer was found to be accurate with 100% readings within +/- 1 color block of the urine test strip used. It may be concluded that the accuracy of the uChek urine analyzer is comparable to the Uri-Plus 200 and other such commercially available semi-automated urinalysis machines. The authors invite additional independent comparison studies with other urine analyzer machine makes available in the market.
- Multi testing platform
- Cloud connectivity
- Active Surveillance
- Battery Backup
- uChek is a semi-automated multi-test analysis system. It can perform the following tests all in one single machine
A) 10 parameters routine urine analysis
Glucose, Bilirubin, Ketone, Specific Gravity, Blood, pH, Protein, Urobilinogen, Nitrite and Leukocytes
B) 2 parameter urine analysis for determining Albumin to Creatinine Ratio (ACR)
C) Blood Glucose
- It uses the communication functionality to seamlessly communicate and integrate data with your preferred database.
Results get synchronized whenever the software identifies an available mobile or wifi network. You can even send the result to preferred email IDs.
- With uChek analytics you can keep a track of all your test results through an online portal. Results can also be mapped and flagged for key indicators. You can track usage, monitor trends as well as order supplies.
- uChek is a portable and lightweight testing system, comes with a carrying kit and can also be used at the point of care.
- The device comes equipped with battery backup sufficient to run close to 40 tests without external power supply. This is really useful in places where there is a shortage or absence of power.
- Instrument System:
- Electric Supply:
- User Interface:
- Dimensions (LxBxH):
- Test Strips:
- Reflectance photometer
- Visible wavelength spectrum with Image processing
- Approximately 40 samples/h (with 8 parameter strip)
- Works on rechargeable battery
- 10000 routine samples
- LCD color touch screen (118 x 89mm / 4.6 x 3.5 inch)
- 16.9 x 10.9 x 12.8cm
- Less than 800gm
- Biosense URS 10 (100 strips/bottle)
Biosense GRS (100strips/bottle)
How to use
uChek has an intuitive interface and is simple to use. It would not take more than 10-15 minutes to get started.
1) Turn on the device. Connecting to a power supply is a better option while performing tests.
2) Select test to perform (Routine Urine, ACR, Blood Glucose).
3) Enter Patient ID, click start and you are on the "Begin" Screen.
For Urine tests (Routine and ACR) follow the following steps:
4) Dip the test strip in the urine sample for about 2 seconds.
5) Blot excess urine along the edge of the strip on a clean tissue and place it in the tray.
6) Insert Tray gently and click "Begin".
7) Results will display in a couple of minutes.
For Blood Glucose follow the following steps after Step 3
4) Using a fresh lancet, prick the finger and squeeze gently to get a drop of blood.
5) Click "Begin" and immediately spread the blood drop on the test pad area of the fresh strip.
6) At the 30th second swipe the strip with a clean tissue, gently and twice.
7) Place strip in the testing tray and insert gently.
8) Wait for the Result.
You can also refer to the in-screen guidance and video for help.
Request a Quote
Please fill up the following form and we will try to get back to you at the earliest
* means question is required
P.S. uChek is currently available for sale in India only. We appreciate your interest. As soon as we make it available in your geography, we will get back to you.